For those of you who know me well, you’ll know I pride myself on giving gifts that are really treasured, and even better if I’ve achieved that without spending too much. So here are my top tips when Christmas shopping this winter.
1. Stocking presents for all ages, go to ‘TIGER’. It’s a fabulous Danish store (nearby, there’s one in Brighton and Maidstone) that sells really cool gifts most of which are between £1-£5. Trust me you’ll be giddy with excitement when you go there!
2. Teenage and young adult clothes and accessories (boys and girls) try ‘PULL&BEAR’. It’s a very cool spanish clothes store which is great value good quality clothes that are just a little different. There’s one on Oxford Street, but online is easier!
3. Contemporary inexpensive jewellery and beautiful accessories, go to ‘COS’. Try and get to one of their stores to really appreciate how lovely this shop is, its been one of my favourite clothes shops for a while and even the jeweller buys jewellery from there!
4. Cosmetics and very contemporary and affordable non precious jewellery, go to ‘AND OTHER STORIES’, . The simple bath products and and other cosmetics makes great affordable gifts for teachers, friends, teenagers, etc, in fact you should always have a few of their things in your present draw! They are an off shoot of H&M and have a big store on Regents Street, but again you can shop online (www.stories.com)
5. If you love making things then why not buy yourself one of the ‘HOPE AND GREENWOOD’ cookery books, home made sweets beautifully presented in some nice reusable jars make great pressies. For the more adventurous maker try ‘MERCHANT AND MILLS’ (HQ in Rye, but also online) and make a bag or two for those people that are particularly special.
6. Now for the boys, well that’s a lot harder and probably my weakest link in the Christmas shopping tips! No particular shop must, but here are a few ideas….Series 6 Mad Men or another dvd box set, a compact pair of binoculars, guitar lessons, magazine subscription (Evo, for car lovers), RIBA book token (those that love Architecture), merino jumper from Uniqlo or membership to a club or even The TATE!. Well lets hope hubby doesn’t look at this list as he won’t have any surprises this Christmas!
7. Last but not least, for those special people in your life, a little gift from ‘ALICE ROBSON JEWELLERY’ always goes down well! Why not look at my favourite pieces, there’s a link on the home page, for my tried and tested most treasured pieces.
If you’ve got any great Christmas shopping suggestions then I’d love to hear them.
Happy Christmas shopping!!!
Comments are closed